My first submission for Ludum Dare and my first mostly completed game... mostly.
The game is a SHMUP set inside a human vein. Similar to the film, the Fantastic Voyage, you control a microscopic ship and have to avoid a number of hazards.
There are two enemy types:
- White blood cells who attack you
- Platelets who cause you to slow down
There are also green cubes that will clear the platelets.
Notes for improvement
- The platelets visually were going to stick to your craft
- The blue cubes were going to be cuts in the vein that the platelet would break off from your ship to repair, allowing you to speed up
- Need to spend more time in Blender making the assets for the platelets, white blood cells and "cuts"
- I've been learning piano for a little while and played about with the trial version of Reason software for this project for the sfx and the music. I'd like to have invested more time on this.
- Time planning: standard issue with projects where you're embracing a lot of new things but now I've got a vague idea of how long various bits will take.
- Testing of game through HTML 5 build needed as there are display issues and quit game bugs etc.
As my first go at building a game and still very much learning C#, Unity and Game Development in general I'm pretty pleased with the results in the time and am looking forward to the next Ludum Dare as I hope I'll be able to create something more complete.
Hope you enjoy :)
PS. I'll be looking at adding some of these improvements in one the Ludum Dare is finished, so check back over the next few weeks if you want to see how it's progressing.
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.